Take a famous brand of sports gear, Columbia, take a great outdoor activity, hiking, mix this with nudism, and you get an article on the art of nude hiking on the Columbia’s blog. It’s just awesome! Here are their 9 tips for hiking nude:
- Protect your feet. Walking barefoot on rocky track is not really neither comfortable nore secured. Good hiking shoes are required. However, if you want the ultimate experience in nude hiking, Vibram Five Fingers will become your best friends. I talked about using them for running, and some models are just great for hiking!
- Nudist Welcome. Pick a spot where you can extend your nude hiking experience, by going to a nudist resort or B&B. You may find other nudists to go and walk with you. Nude hiking is much funnier with a group of like-minded people.
- Avoid the public. If simple nudity is not forbidden in most places, it can anoy some people. Be prepared to grab a cover up in case of encounter and do not shy away to start talking about your practice. I’m still surprised by the positive reaction you get from other hikers when you start talking about hiking naked.
- Study up poisonous plants. Without clothes you’re not protected. If you walk on a large track, there’s nothing to be scared of. However, if you are going offtrack or on narrow ones, be prepared to recognised the bad guys.
- Venture out early morning or evening. Less encounters, less sun too. And in warm days, much cooler!
- Stay hydrated. Your skin will thank you!
- Concealed carry. Although it’s awesome to be completely naked, a small backpack will carry your essential items and water!
- Safety in numbers. Group hike is always better and safer when naked.
- Celebrate. Hike naked everytime it’s possible (even in winter, with chilly weather it may be possible when the sun shines and you are walking at a good pace), and celebrate all hikes.
Hiking is a very healthy activity that anybody can do. Naked hiking is really stitching a lifestyle, nudism, and a healthy activity, hiking. It’s, personnally, one of my preferred activities up to a point that it’s very difficult to hike with any kind of clothes on, once you have tried naked hiking. So it’s great this form of hiking is recognized by one of the major brands of hiking gears of the planet! We need to continue to spread the good news by driving more people to naked hiking, hike more naked, and talk about naked hiking to all our friends and family.
Get naked, stay naked, live naked and share the naked love!